Hello, and welcome!
Perhaps you are a recent college graduate, trying to discern what you would like to do for the rest of your life.
Perhaps you know what you want to do and are looking for more experience.
Welcome, welcome, whoever you are, GotH of 2015-2016!
Here are a few bits of advice for next year (that I wish I’d followed from day one):
- Keep an open mind–we all come from different religious backgrounds, and it will probably be similar next year. You can learn a lot from one another!
- Do your part to keep the common living areas neat.
- Enjoy all of the free events that Richmond has to offer. Richmond has festivals when the weather is warm. We live near the river and it has a beautiful island in the middle of it. Perfect for running.
- You will be spending a lot of time with your housemates, so be clear about what you need. If you are an introvert, it’s okay to ask your housemates for some space.
- Allow yourself to be vulnerable sometimes. This could mean asking the people at your worksite how they think you are doing or sharing your feelings with the household community.
- Be open to new experiences. I never imagined that I’d preach this year or start running–but I wound up doing (and liking) both.